At DecisionLink we’re all about value. When we’re not building enterprise-class software solutions for Customer Value Management (CVM) like ValueCloud®, we’re busy exploring what’s going on in the world of value and sales leadership. In ‘The Value Chronicles’, published every second week, we’ll be sharing some of the news and editorial that has caught our eye.
Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 continues to challenge the whole world, but one common thread is digital transformation and its acceleration now and into the future. This is something close to our heart at DecisionLink, as we see it being key to agility and resilience as well as fundamental to success in an increasingly competitive world.
Here’s a few things we’ve seen as well as our own news and upcoming initiatives:
- According to Stephan Liozu, “Customer Value Has Never Been More Important”. We agree! Stephan’s view is that customer value management is a process that needs to be formally managed in organizations. Someone needs to oversee and be accountable to the whole process, including value creation, value quantification, and value delivery.
- Weighing cost savings? “Focusing on business outcomes leaves less room for haggling over cost cuts,” says Gartner in their blog, “How to Pick Your Best Cost Initiatives”.
- Blake Morgan in Forbes, asks “Is COVID-19 Forcing Your Digital Transformation?” And offers 12 steps to move faster. Already, 70%of companies had a digital transformation in place or were working on one, but it seems most companies were not far enough along to make Covid-19 a non-issue.
- Check out this from McKinsey & Co on “Leading with purpose: How marketing and sales leaders can shape the next normal”. Chief Marketing and Sales Officers have a defining role to play in navigating the current crisis, and in steering their companies’ success in the world that emerges from it.
- According to Martech Today, “Digital transformation is no longer a buzzword. It’s an imperative.” The coronavirus outbreak has forced companies to pivot their entire business model, with many having to launch digital initiatives with little time and few resources.
In our own news:
- We are excited to be hosting a webinar on May 21st at 12pm Eastern with special guest Joanne Moretti, entitled “The Evolution of Value Management from Analog to Digital”. This lunch and learn is hosted by DecisionLink CEO, Jim Berryhill, who, with Joanne, will explore:
- Value Management at the enterprise level – what it is, why it’s important and how it’s different from what many companies have in place today
- The evolution of being able to achieve results for individuals and their deals with analog value management, to scaling entire organizations to pinnacle performance with Digital Value Management
- The impact Value Management has on consistent growth, reduced churn and aligning an organization behind value as a precise metric
- We’ve been busy working from home and talking to industry leaders about the role that value plays in their organizations. In this interview, Chris Dowse and Jim Berryhill talk ServiceNow’s Now Value Initiative.
- We believe Value is The Thread that Connects Buyers & Sellers to Transcend Social Distancing. Check out our blog and the role of ‘value’ in the new normal.
- New DecisionLink Program Provides Support for Companies Pursuing Growth in the Face of the New Business Normal. The DecisionLink Guarantee defers order payments and pledges fee reimbursement for organizations that do not reach expected growth goals within one year.